[simpits-tech] Falcon4 Data

Erwin Neyt simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:24:26 +0100

Stig,

It's just a feeling, but I expect that to be a lot of data. Sending that at
a acceptable frame rate would be quite intense, I guess.

Further more, looking from a coding perspective, it is not easy to do.
Currently I pass a isolated (off-screen) surface to the renderer. I don't
'see' what the renderer does to this surface, it is only accessable after
the renderer finishes and returns the surface. This means in order to get
the meta-data you talk about the renderer itself has to be modified, i.e. a
not so easy task to do.

And then there is the issue concerning the bitmaps (AG, TV, FLIR etc.) Here
you will need the whole bitmap, as you can't capture this in meta data.

It could be done, but I think the advantages do not outweigh to
disadvantages.

Erwin