[simpits-tech] May the Force Feedback be with you...

Stig Joergensen simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 23:41:23 +0100

but the problem here is you can not adjust pressure required to move the
stick - in this schematics its a constant of the spring, when you fill
the cylinder to 3/4 the amount the back pressure is still the same where
as the pressure to move the stick forward is a function of pressure in
the cylinder.... further more the spring pressure is somewhat linear
where the cylinder pressure is proportional....

/Stig

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Rochester [mailto:johncraigroch@msn.com]
Sent: 9. februar 2003 23:03
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: RE: [simpits-tech] May the Force Feedback be with you...

I think that Marv said it well in his last email.

The simplest design (using air) is a single spring loaded piston driven
by a proportioning valve (servo regulator).  The valve can deliver
whatever pressure you calculate from the sim's outputs.  The resultant
force can be a function of velocity, stick position, trim wheel
position, whatever data you want to use.

Guessing here: IAS, AOA, and stick position would provide most of the
data necessary to calculate the force from the stick.  I don't know how
you'd determine turbulence, but the pneumatics are capable of some
relatively high frequency output.

Craig R.