[simpits-tech] May the Force Feedback be with you...

Ken Schlote simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 20:09:34 -0800 (PST)

--0-1623451792-1044763774=:52043

 Keenan Akin <kakin@yhti.net> wrote:
Ken,

What if you used a variable pressure regulator (sensing airspeed) to supply the closed cylinder?  That way, the presure that you would have to push against with the stick would only vary with airspeed, not stick position.

Keenan

I think we weren't correct. As others point out the pressure would increase the further from center you get. How much I don't know. I also didn't think a regulator would correct for increases after the regulator. Interesting. I thought it was a one-way street. I guess if you are going to use a cylinder the amount of stroke and size will need to be determine to ge the correct increase in pressure when moving the stick. The starting pressure will be according to air speed.

Ken