[simpits-tech] 3D vision systems

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 08:58:39 -0800 (PST)

those are some great links!  This reminds me of the
system Paul had sitting at desktop sims. It has a
similar shape as the Elumens screen (I think Paul said
it cost in the 3 thousand USD range), but it uses a
normal projector. He said it gives a 3d effect more
like a fresnal lense. Rather than your eyes focusing
on the view projected on the sides of a round screen
right in front of you, your eyes focuse further away
and this gives you a more realistic depth perception.
At least thats how I understood it.  Sounded pretty
cool.
Justin

-----------
Hey guys,

I was intrigued by this so I started googling around
and found some more
links regarding the dome vision systems at Fly Aces
I believe they are using vision systems manufactured
by this company:
http://www.elumens.com

Here's one of their (several) dealers:
http://www.3dv.com/dvhardware/visionstation/index.html

And here's an interesting article describing how it
works:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/elumens2.htm

Too bad it's so expensive