[simpits-tech] [simpits-chat] f-15 monster RC model

Chris Crowley simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 05:18:04 -0500

They called those Viking take off's when I used to work in STL. It's the
most awesome thing I have ever seen. Rodan in full afterburner, shaking your
guts as it streaks straight up into the blue. Man I could watch that all day
long...

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]On Behalf Of Justin Messenger
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 7:06 PM
To: Simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: [simpits-tech] [simpits-chat] f-15 monster RC model

I was filming a real F-15 at Midland Texas and after
it landed I was looking at something else. I realized
another plane was in the air, and to my surprise it
was yet another F-15. I had turned the camcorder on
and recorded the jet for just a moment before I
realized it was an RC jet. It totally fooled me. On
the video the only difference is the sound.

I must add that the real F-15 made a spectacular take
off by jerking the nose high into the verticle. The
tail came very close to striking the runway. Cool
stuff!
Justin

Here is a pic Dave Scott from the UK sent to me, I was
amazed looking at
this
model and I know there are RC modelers on the list so
thought I would share
it w/ you, ask Dave any questons you have about it, he
scratch built it and
has an F4 and Viper too.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikewilliams3/f-15.jpg