[simpits-tech] [simpits-chat] f-15 monster RC model

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:06:27 -0800 (PST)

I was filming a real F-15 at Midland Texas and after
it landed I was looking at something else. I realized
another plane was in the air, and to my surprise it
was yet another F-15. I had turned the camcorder on
and recorded the jet for just a moment before I
realized it was an RC jet. It totally fooled me. On
the video the only difference is the sound.

I must add that the real F-15 made a spectacular take
off by jerking the nose high into the verticle. The
tail came very close to striking the runway. Cool
stuff!
Justin

Here is a pic Dave Scott from the UK sent to me, I was
amazed looking at
this
model and I know there are RC modelers on the list so
thought I would share
it w/ you, ask Dave any questons you have about it, he
scratch built it and
has an F4 and Viper too.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikewilliams3/f-15.jpg