[simpits-tech] Now I'm lost.

RickInNoCal at aol.com RickInNoCal at aol.com
Tue Dec 30 18:58:20 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/30/03 1:51:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mattb at rtccom.net writes:

> Hmmm, so these things are actually just two way momentary switches,
> shorting
> different contacts for either direction? I've been looking for just that to
> do a simple little avionics panel for X-Plane and MSFS (too "financially
> challenged"/cheap to go Hagstrom at the moment). Clicking to tune radios
> drives me crazy..........

Me too, so I've uploaded some pictures of the knitter switches, as I used
them. They're pretty small, so I mounted them to small PCB's to make them easier
to handle. the center wire with green on it is a common ground.

Each clockwise 'click' is a momentary close across the common ground and the
left pin, a counterclockwise 'click' is a momentary close across the right pin
and ground. As I said, you have top go a little slowly when making big
changes, or you miss clicks.

The radio panel is currently a little more advanced than in the pic I
uploaded - I have added knobs, and across the bottom below the displays there are
three more knobs - OBS1, OBS2 and HDG. That leaves me enough free inputs (the
ribbon cable carries 32) for three more rotaries or six more switches. Not sure
what they'll be yet.

Richard