[simpits-tech] Now I'm lost.

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Mon Dec 29 22:18:49 PST 2003

Since I've decided to build my CRJ-like object around FS04 instead of
XPlane, I'm now lost. I have enough horsepower to run the thing and have
mostly figured out how I'm going to handle the instrumentation, but I
haven't come up with a good way to handle the huge pile of 7 segment LEDs
I'll need (AP, radios, etc.). There are 10 5 digit, 2 4 digit, and 2 3
digit, so 64 digits total. What are all the options out there? Preferably
cheap (yeah, that'll happen ;)

The plan right now is to pick up 3 9" monitors on Ebay for the front tubes
and the GPS, ignore the FMS entirely, and use a combination of 2 USB
joystick adapters and these for the inputs:

http://www.betainnovations.com/hardware/gammaray.html
http://www.betainnovations.com/hardware/rotcodec.html

I'm going to start building the throttles shortly, like this week, and hope
to figure out some way to make the throttles move somewhat appropriately
with the autothrottles engaged.

Now back to completely unproductive stuff like hunting down Stormtroopers...
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net