[simpits-tech] rear projection screens

Brian Sikkema hangr18 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 11:57:36 PST 2003

Well, that, and it allows you to put the screen nice and close, and not have
the projector at a wierd angle way above your head, which would cause
problems. Also, at one point I was looking at a very interesting system, one
used by some military simulators, which has a rear-projection screen above
the pilot, and a curved mirror in front of the pilot, so you're looking at
the screen in the mirror rather than directly at the screen. Having seen
this setup in action, let me tell you, it's amazing. A great sense of depth
to it - I'd LOVE to do a setup like this someday, but building a giant
curved mirror is gonna be a bitch....

Brian