[simpits-tech] F-22 sim?

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Sun Dec 7 17:05:10 PST 2003

Marv De Beque wrote:
> Do the F-35.  You can't go wrong!  That's because the final design
> isn't
> final yet, so anything you do is just as right as it is wrong.
>
> :-)

Well actually... ;)

One version is supposedly "done" and production starts early next year IIRC.
I think that's the STOL. The VSTOL will be a couple of years from now. Have
you heard what got LM the contract? Full load VTO, supersonic flight over
yonder and back, vertical approach, and an extended hover (something like 20
minutes), and it was all done before Boing had managed to go straight up ;)

I suspect that the bulkheads and general structure of the cockpit is final,
so changing panels to make it right wouldn't be tough. The hardware is easy,
though. Is there any suitable software yet? I'm planning to build the
computer into the pit, but just the motherboard, video, sound, and hard
drive. I can copy the CD and mount it as a virtual drive so I won't need a
CD-ROM in the thing. Hopefully I won't even need a keyboard. We've decided
to put both boys in one room and leave the other room for toys and birds, so
I can probably get away with squeezing a sim in there. Hmm... that reminds
me, I need to go build a desk for my wife's computer so she'll stop messing
with this one ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net