[simpits-tech] KEYSTROKE add on for BMS 0.98

Joseph Fagner falcon4 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 1 22:16:41 PST 2003

Thanks Mark, that makes perfect sense to me, well explained.  I was reading
somewhere that given all the possible key commands, there aren't enough
keystroke for it all.  Seem to me give the combination/permutation of
ctl/alt/shift number/letter that there should be enough.

That would make good sense to make a custom file for pit builders.  It could
make things pretty standard amongst us and easy to help others set up their
pits.  The sh.mem file may be less than ideal, but right now it's all we
got.

Also, where can I find a complete list of translated hex codes?  I have seen
the document that comes with the BMS .exe, but that doesn't seem to have all
the hex codes listed.  There are some, for instance, for the MFD's that I
don't see.  I have got a real set of MFD's that are wired in matrix and I
ordered an xkeys matrix decoder to control them.  I've never worked with the
xkeys before, but it seems like the perfect solution for the real MFD's.
What I'm not sure is if I can use hex values programmed into the xkeys
software or do I need to execute a keyboard command for the program to
"remember".

Thanks
Jay