[simpits-tech] Hacking a CH Products USB Yoke

Craig Rochester simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:47:28 -0400

My understanding is that the pot ohm value doesn't matter. "jeroen" at
http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/ has got good information on wiring this stuff like:
http://membres.lycos.fr/trippax/rudder%20schematic.jpg

Do a search @ FW for more jeroen's stuff:
http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=140144&sortby=lastpost&
sortorder=descending

Craig R.

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]On Behalf Of John Miguez
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 2:51 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Hacking a CH Products USB Yoke

You guys really are an arsenal of knowledge.  The USB page on CH Products
OEM Division site speaks of the 5vdc and ground being common for all the
axes.  However, I still want to use the built in 100K pots in the Suncom
throttles.  While you may be dreaming of making bomb runs in your F16 or
F15, my fantasy is to fly my NASA T-38 into the local airport.  J  (See you
never really grow up all the way.)  The Suncom throttles are perfect for a
T-38 and besides I want to use the speed brake and mike buttons.

My background is in Mechanical engineering, not electrical.  When I took a
basic electronics course in college, the transistor still was big news.  Can
the 100K be made to work properly as a voltage regulator?

John