[simpits-tech] Hacking a CH Products USB Yoke

John Miguez simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:19:12 -0500

I am in the process of hacking a CH Products USB Yoke.  I found out that you
can run nine axes and 28 buttons though the USB PCB.

At the moment I am trying to run the throttle of a Suncom throttle/joystick
combo through the CH Products USB.  Here is my problem.

They use 50K ohm pots for the throttle, mixture, prop.   The Suncom uses a
special 100K ohm pot.  I calculated that around a 80K resistor in parallel
should make the pot a 50K pot.  I can get a test pot/resistor to work on the
volt-ohm meter but not in MS game controller setup routine, when running
through the CH Products yoke.

Any ideas?

John