[simpits-tech] Tech Help Needed: Aircraft Power

Shira, Craig simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:00:06 -0500

Yes, that is correct.
They are divided in LH, RH ,and essential and non essential.
It is made this way to transfer the main aircraft operating electrical
systems
from one side of the aircraft to the other. (LH Engine, RH Engine)

Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: Roy Coates [mailto:roy@flightlab.liv.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 10:48 AM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: [simpits-tech] Tech Help Needed: Aircraft Power

Anyone out there knowledgable about aircraft electrical power systems?

I'm trying to unravel the power system on this jetstream 41 and as I see
it:-

1. There are 12 seperate busbars.
2. There is a Power Distribution Unit which connects the various busbars
together depending on power and/or switch conditions.

so...

If I remove the PDU, I should end up with 12 seperate (manageable) power
busbars.

Anyone?

Roy.