[simpits-tech] FOR SALE: Aimsworth F-16 Viper 1 Cockpit, Very Nice Commercially-Built SimPit

Bob Marks simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:58:27 -0700

Greetings SimPitters-

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Bob "Groucho" Marks. A few of you
old-timers may recognize the name, as I was one of the Old Ones that founded
this here group. Love what you've done to the place! In fact, I saw to my
joy that I'm still listed as a member...even though I stopped the MachPit
project 3 years ago!

Recently a very nice, Aimsworth F-16 Viper 1 Cockpit came into my
possession. Never mind how!    It's a gorgeous piece of work, like-new (just
assembled, not modified or thrashed or drilled unessessarily in any way).
All fiberglass with very nice gel-coat work (I should know, I'm an aerospace
composites guy), it's a heavy duty, very nice unit.

I was very stoked. It fits my Cougar HOTAS stuff beautifully, looks great,
is built by a an actual company that will back it up (and offers lots of
neat add-ons to spruce it up-- see the .Aimsworth Simulations site), has
plenty of room for sound gear...

...but I can't keep it. I've no room for it, and am not moving any time
soon.

Therefore, it is with heavy heart that I need to sell this beauty. I will
post it on eBay in two days, but am offering it up here in SimPitter land
first. Am asking $1195 for it, almost 1/3rd what the base Viper 1 costs from
Aimsworth's U.S. distributor http://www.viper-pits.com ! You won't need to
ship it from Asia, but you will need to ship it or pick it up from
Bakersfield, California. I can help arrange shipping but all costs are the
responsibility of the buyer.

Please contact me for pictures, or log into the Simpits.org Forums in the
General Discussions area for posted pictures.

PLEASE NOTE: The Cougar HOTAS, trick F-100 rudder pedals, and helmet shown
in the pix are NOT included. I will, however, throw in four Quickshot
Masterpilot controllers (two brand new in box, one the very trick modified
unit I made for the MachPit, shown, and one open unit) and 2 Quickshot
programmers w/ modules(two are brand-new in box). The "instrument" decals
shown are just taped up for the purpose of the pictures....they are still
new and are included as are the various warning, RESCUE, and other
official-looking USAF-type decals for the cockpit exterior

If you are interested, please email me at rmarks@bak.rr.com.

Bob Marks