[simpits-tech] Simkits

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:45:15 -0500

I was looking at the Simkits stuff on Roy's helo page and was wondering if
the geared mechanism caused any noticeable "notchiness" in the animation of
the instruments? I've noticed even on an FAA-approved Frasca 141 ground
trainer, the instruments at times are quite notchy, just wondering if the
Simkits suffer the same problem.

Also, how convincing do the instruments look? Judging from pics it's hard to
tell.

*If* you could get your hands on some junk instruments from a real plane, how
hard might it be to rip out stuff like faceplates etc and use on Simkits? Are
the basic dimensions and everything the same as real instruments?

I'd originally thought that making instruments from scratch would be the way
for me to go but it looks like Simkits have a lot of the mechanical hurdles
worked out (that AI looks pretty nifty).

This is more curiousity than serious consideration........due to lack of
funds and space I'm still solidly in the planning and "where do I want to go
with this thing" phase. :/ Oh well, gives me plenty of time to figure out
just how I want to go about this, I guess. :)

	-Matt Bailey