[simpits-tech] Rack mount Computer System

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 09 Aug 2003 20:30:07 -0400

Done steel welding with a MIG and it is very easy.  Never tried aluminum,
but I understand most of the work is in the preparation of the metal.  That
and it takes some attention to detail.

I wouldn't set your heart on anything being cheap doing it this way.  I
figure 50 to 100 hours would be about right for the job.  However, it would
be a kick-butt cockpit that would be able to be used with a motion platform.

My goal is strength and light weight.  Wood is a lot easier, but my current
wood cockpit probably weighs 500+ pounds.  I would think that I could cut
that in at least 1/2 using strait aluminum.

Marv