[simpits-tech] C-130 Flare video...

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:50:20 -0400

> Good job Brian!

Thanks. Of course, as soon as it's done, I've got to write the code to get
it into Orbiter. Well, more specifically, I'll have to modify the existing
Mercury code for the new model. Problem there is, as soon as the new Orbiter
version gets released, Rob will probably do another Mercury update, too...
blast... Eventually I'll need to code this thing myself, I'm not looking
forward to that one bit. I'll probably end up making new Redstone and Atlas
models, too, the existing ones leave a lot to be desired. Especially
considering the level of detail on the capsule, it wouldn't be right to set
it on top of a Redstone that's missing its control fins.

Speaking of the new Orbiter version, one of the beta testers made an Orbiter
music video, and it happens to include some clips of the new particle effect
system in action! :) perso.wanadoo.fr/mustard/orbiter.wmv - its a 20+MB
file, though, so be warned.

Brian