[simpits-tech] New file uploaded to Simpits by Brian Sikkema.

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:44:39 -0400

> Wow. At first glance I thought that was a picture of a model sitting on a
> desk.

Thanks muchly! :) Though I will admit, a big part of that impression stems
from the rendering environment. It's a trick I learned recently - take the
same model, render it in a plain color environment, then render it in a
white "room" with a couple of lights on it rather than ambient lighting. The
second one will have a much more realistic look to it, simply because the
surroundings are much more real.

Of course, that's not to say the model isn't dead sexy. It is! ;) hehehehehe

I've made a lot of progress on the escape tower today, too. Hopefully
tomorrow I'll have that finished up, and I'll go back and clean up the
remaining parts on the capsule. Then, it's on to the retro package...
*shudder*. A bit of a mess, that. But I'm looking forward to adding some
details I've learned about since my last build.

Brian