[simpits-tech] ICP

Mark Doran simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:57:20 -0700

Hang on a sec...

The following things on the ICP cannot be made to work with Falcon4 (Block
50/52 answers):

- Raster Brightness thumb wheel
- Raster Contrast thumb wheel
- WX button
- FLIR up/dn rocker
- Gain/level/auto toggle in FLIR section

In all cases I believe these are not used in the Block 50/52 aircraft
anyway.  Falcon4 certainly has no code for them.  We've wired them with a
view to using them as sim gear control buttons (like a switch to call the
EPIC INIT() function for example).

All other controls can be mapped without great trouble to EPIC switch and
analog controls.

What we are doing is mapping the HUD brightness command to the symbology
intensity thumb wheel (upper left).  Since that command in the game only has
6 states (i.e. 5 steps up and down) it works quite well mapped to an analog
axis input to EPIC with the keystrokes bound to the travel of that axis.
Same deal for the manual reticle control on the upper right thumb wheel with
the reticle up/down game commands.

Everything else on the ICP is a straight data bit switch as far as EPIC
inputs are concerned.

Actually the hard part with the ICP is finding the right switches -- a
viable four-way bat switch for the DCS and the on-off-(on) [momentary to one
side only] switch for the drift cutout are not the easiest things to
find...ebay highly recommended!!  Oh and we were able to acquire a couple of
actual ICP panels -- they have the "tile" switches built right in...once
you've played with one of these, nothing else will do ;-)

Cheers,

Mark.