[simpits-tech] FS Falcon, My first flight in MSFS2002

Sittisudjatum, Sukit simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:42:34 +0700

Just to give some comments to share with the group.  I jsut want to see if this addon is good for merging into the pit project!

I ordered a download version of Lago Online's FS Falcon.  The package contains F-16A. F-16B, F-16C and F-16D with more than 15 liverires.  My favoirite is, of course, a tiger meet colors.  The external graphic looks great, especially for the afterburner!  The sound is perfect.  The cockpit is not as sweet as we can find from Paul's viper pit for F4.  I haven't had much time to get into all the new functions provided in the cockpit, though.

I tested my flight with MS Sidewinder joystick, while still waiting for upgrading the Cougar (yes, I have my gimbal uberized at Melborne now).  The force feedback is not as good as those default planes, but that's not a big deal.  The viper is fly by wire control anyway.  The manouveribility is real nice compare to F4.  But the gear won't be damaged after passing 300 knots!  Another thing I found was that I was able flew passed 1375 knots (read from the HUD)!  And, I did that below 100 ft!  Man, it was awsome eventhough it was not accurate that we can fly this jet 2 times more than the speed of sound!

What I missed a lot was the ICP, MFD, HUD and cockpit opeation we have from F4.  If I'm only a flyer who don't care much about military sim, I'd go for the FS Falcon (considering having multi monitor like WideFS or WidevieW).  But if I'm a fighter pilot, I'd stick myself to F4 (FV???? when?)

Sukit Sittisudjatum
Founder, Thai Flight Simulator
www.thaiflight.com
Bangkok, Thailand