[simpits-tech] backlit panels part 2

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:23:17 +0300

In type 4 panels, with what kind of material do you cover the grooves for
the lights and the wires ?

Thanks

Ido

             Gene Buckle
             <geneb@deltasoft.
             Sent by:                  simpits-tech@simpits.org
             simpits-tech-admi                                          cc
             n@simpits.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [simpits-tech] backlit panels
             04/13/2003 09:28          part 2
             PM

             Please respond to
             simpits-tech@simp
                  its.org

> All you see on the back is painted dashed lines with white dots where the
> bulbs are impregnated into the plastic panel.  You can't see the bulbs.
> They are buried in the plastic.

Those are Type 4 panels Marv.  The ones he is after are the Type 5s.  They
actually have a VERY thin printed circuit board screwed on to the back of
the plate - it has the grain of rice bulbs soldered to it.

See the pics on how my MPCD is lit up to see what I mean.