[simpits-tech] Get a load of this!

Rob Hommel simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 12:52:16 -0700

Mr. Archer

We spend a great deal of time using the internet as a resource and we should
all value our intellectual property. Including the property of Simpits
International. When we provide free intellectual property and follow a path
of free intellectual property, credit should be given to the person to whom
the property belongs as well as permission should at least be asked prior to
using the property of another. The use of others property includes the use
of files on the Simpits site should you use this information give credit to
those who gave it to you. This person is using the property of another in
the pursuit of financial gain, permission should have been requested as a
common courtesy.Gene as he said would have been happy to give permission to
use the image.

 If you were to loan your lawn mower to a neighbor and they were to
establish a lawn mowing service and were in fact using your lawn mower to
accomplish this goal would you wish to be compensated for the use of your
mower? While compensation is not the issue in the this matter and courtesy
is. How shall we establish our case in such matters as the DCMA or the case
with the RIA if personal rights are not being upheld . At this time
copyrights are a very important issue not just with the Internet community
but with the government around the world.

The final say should be do not take that what is not yours, theft is theft.
I hope that people begin to realize just how invaluable the internet is.
Freely distributed information is a priceless commodity. This group as it
shares information enriches us all. Don't let others destroy it in the
future by not establishing common courtesy as a rule to governing the
internet as opposed to government dong so for us. Today many governments are
poised to establish rules and regulations including fines to govern the use
of intellectual property some of which we already find a bit confining. Lets
allow courtesy to be a guide to the use of the internet.

Keep 'em Flying
Rob Hommel