[simpits-tech] Plunged

Rod Dale simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 12 Apr 2003 08:28:55 +1000

Roy

> I've just taken the plunge and ordered an AI and Altimeter from Simkits.
> I'll be interfacing these to X-Plane via a custom plug-in and phidgets.
> Will let you know how it goes, _if_ it goes!

Excellent !!! I would have gone the same route if I didn't get so much
enjoyment out of building them myself. I'm the same when it comes to my pit
construction - I prefer to build it than to fly it :-) My boys get really
cheesed off when they come home and it's been dismantled  yet again !!!

> I've got two luvverly weeks off now, time to get the new pit assembled,
> hook all the various wiring I've done together, and get all 6 PC's talking
> sensibly to each other.

So have I - school hols - one of the better purks of working for Education
Dept :-)

> The instrument panel for my Sea Hawk just arrived too so I'll be spending
> some time on that - expect some updates and photo's over the next two
> weeks as things come together.

To All,
I'm testing my servo driven instruments at the moment. I came across a
problem that I didn't find out about until I'd built them. Hitec and Futaba
servos rotate in different directions, ie, one is CW and other CCW. I tried
to use a mixture of these, therefore had some gauges running backwards. For
those contemplating building your own, you need to make sure you have the
right gearing setup and try to obtain one type of servo.

Hopefully I will have them all up and running this weekend and will upload
pics soon after.

Cheers,
Rod