[simpits-tech] EPR help !!

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:23:12 +0300

Looking over the web with my friend who is a jet engine engineer,  we found
that the F111 uses ( at least in some versions) the same engine as the
f15/16 (some versions).
The engine is the f100-pw-100, he said that if you take the F15 sim from
janes you could use the settings from that sim- same engine same ratings.
If you want, the settings could be calculated IF you get the engine
compressor map, on a quick search we couldn't find it, but maybe if you
look into it or someone on the list can get it,
My friend will be happy to calculate it for you.

Ido

             "Rod Dale"
             <rodd@castle.net.
             au>                                                        To
             Sent by:                  <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
             simpits-tech-admi                                          cc
             n@simpits.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [simpits-tech] EPR help !!
             04/09/2003 09:30
             AM

             Please respond to
             simpits-tech@simp
                  its.org

Hi all,
I need some assistance here on EPR (Engine Pressure Ratio) gauges.
I understand the theory behind EPR gauges and I'm trying to apply that to
my own servo driven gauges. I'm unable to get that info from FS2k2 via
FS98Class so will be improvising. I need to know what indications you would
get on this gauge during different stages of flight. From my F-111 notes I
need at least 1.3 for takeoff. BTW, this was at sea level on a nice day :-)
I don't know what a pilot would see at other flight levels and throttle
settings. If someone could give me a rough idea it will help me get
started.
Thanks in advance.
Rod