[simpits-tech] Phidgets

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:52:06 +0300

can't help you with that but the best way to get Chester is by phone, his
email responses are a bit slow but on the phone he can fix almost anything

Ido

             "Kevin Foisy"
             <kevin.foisy@stea
             lthbits.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
             simpits-tech-admi                                          cc
             n@simpits.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [simpits-tech] Phidgets
             04/08/2003 05:37
             PM

             Please respond to
             simpits-tech@simp
                  its.org

Hey folks,
Question for those of you using Phidgets.  On the recommendation of folks
on this forum, I just bought two boards...the 8/8/8 and a 32/32 board.

First the 8/8/8 board:
I have it partially working...digital inputs and outputs are working
nicely, but the analog is really throwing me for a loop.  I connect a  100K
pot to an analog input and I get nothing until the pot is fully opened at
which point the USB interface throws an overload error and the device
disconnects and becomes inaccesible.  Am I doing something wrong?  I was
under the assumption that the analog supplies a +5v and measures the
variable voltage drop.

Now the 32/32 board:
I'm using the test apps that came from Phidgets.  The 32/32 exe immediately
returns a 'runtime error 5, Invalid procedure call or argument'  When I
open the VB source and run it, I don't get he error and I'm able to toggle
the digital outputs.  When a digital output is toggled ON, the on-board LED
lights, however when I measure across the output and ground, I get no
power.  It appears as though the port is toggling but not supplying +5v (or
any voltage for that matter).

I sent an email to Chester last night and haven't heard back yet...when I
get his feedback I'll post it here for anyone else that might encounter
this.

Any ideas?

thx.
Kevin