[simpits-tech] LED Resistors

simpits-tech@simpits.org simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 05 Apr 2003 05:49:48 -0600

Stig Joergensen wrote:

> If you parallel couple the leds, just multiple the current... say 10
> leds in parallel eq If=0.2a...

Gotcha. That's what I figured.

> but there might be some legal issues at work - in Denmark a flasher must
> be visible at atleast 1000ft in normal daylight....

In Texas the law says "IF installed, turn signals SHOULD be as far apart
as PRACTICAL." In other words, if ya got 'em, you might want to make
sure they actually do something. If not, it's cool ;) However, if
they're installed they have to function.

> http://www.theledlight.com

ACK! $25 for a 3 LED 1157 replacement? Ouch. The 12 LED versions go for
about $10/pair around here. I'd really like to do away with the pair of
1157 incandescents in the tail light, but I can only find red. That
wouldn't be a problem except that the license plate is lit by a clear
window in the bottom of the tail light, so the bulbs have to be white. I
suppose I could move the plate (which I'm going to do, actually) and
light it with some high intensity white LEDs in cool little billet
holders, though :)
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net