[simpits-tech] LED Resistors

simpits-tech@simpits.org simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 05 Apr 2003 04:54:14 -0600

mysticz28@swbell.net wrote:

> I'll take a look at some things tomorrow and see what I can figure out.

Ok, tomorrow came a little early ;) I just went out to double check that
there was no flasher noise, just to keep myself honest, and discovered
something. My right rear signal had come unplugged, but the right front
signal was still flashing at the same rate. In other words, it's
definately not a thermal flasher. Whether it's a 555 or an RC doesn't
appear to matter much, just have to build the LED array and stick it on
there.

One more question. If I build the array as a common anode or cathode,
can I put one resistor on the common side? If so, and I assume so, would
this

R = (Vs - Vi) / If

still work for figuring out the resistor value? If so I might have to
stop at Fry's tomorrow and pick up 18 high intensity amber LEDs and some
perf board. I think I still have some encapsulating resin around here
somewhere. Wait, I think I just answered my own question. I'll just do
away with the resistor and use 12v LEDs :)
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net