[simpits-tech] To Sean - Projector Idea

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 07:53:18 -0800 (PST)

> as a simple test, i can easily stare into my white LED flashlight, but
> cannot even try to look into the beam coming from the projector. the
> difference in brightness is immense.

Good god man, stay away from knives!

"This knife isn't very sharp because <stab> it only goes partly through my
hand.  However, this knife <stab,crunch> is quite sharp as I've just
pinned my arm to the desk with it." :)

> also, the beam from the LED flashlight is very diffuse. i'm not sure how
> this would affect a projected image, but the image would be very dim, indeed.

There's also a huge blue component to a lot of the white LEDs that would
royally screw up the image.

g.