[simpits-tech] PS

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 07:29:27 -0800 (PST)

>  Gene,I will have to agree with you about the 1024X768 LCD problem any
> solutions presentable? The resolution from the screen he is using would be
> great for many basic projects however. Any ideas as to where to use this?
> My first thought for a use would be to make a do it your self Heads up
> display. Placing this behind a front panel to use for glass cockpit design
> might be another use.

I think what it boils down to is that it's realistically(sp!) impossible
to build a computer grade LCD projector for $200.  From what I've seen of
the projects, they're using small LCD panels that have a max resolution of
640x480.  This is perfect for the task they're used in - home tv
projection.  Unfortunately, the demand for this kind of thing means that
to get computer grade gear used, we pay high prices.  This is because Joe
Sixpack wants one so he can watch a foodball game on a 12 foot screen
while scratching himself and sucking down beer with his equally witless
buddies.

g.