[simpits-tech] RE: Spare Change being saved

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:09:41 -0500

That's it, I'm jumping.  I am tired of drooling over my keyboard at the
web site every day.  I don't care they cost as much as a house payment.
I'll be gone for a while as I try to explain to my wife why I "need"
$1300 rudder pedals.

Jay

From: Steve Wilson <mafsix@attbi.com>
To: <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:55:50 -0400
Subject: [simpits-tech] Save the spare change...

This one's for the F-16 builders.

If you've broken down and gone to the edge, and now have a HOTAS
Cougar to integrate into your cockpit, this is how you finish the job
and jump off the cliff:

http://mafsix.freewebspace.com/rs_pedals.jpg

Folks that have seen these via Frugalsworld are already aware - the
delivered cost is well beyond what most folks would pay for something
like this - something like 4-5x the bank account hit of a Cougar.
But look at the freakin' detail!!!  They look like they were yanked
right out of a brand new Viper.  S'cuse me - delicately extracted. :)
 And all ready to bolt to the deck of your F-16 pit and plug into the
Coug (and almost ready to the pedal adjustment handle on your center
console!!)

 We followers of the immortal Electric Jet can't go out and get
goodies like the whole front end of a DC-8, (Hi, Justin!) or an F-15
(Hi, Gene!) or even the office deck of a 747 (Hi, Steve!), but then
again, it seems like the possibilites for growing your own insanely
authentic F-16 cockpit are getting better all the time.  And SuperPak
4 is on the horizon, now that the F4UT has had the summer to
recooperate from SP3.  Can it get any better for the pointy nose
drivers?!!?

Steve