[simpits-tech] TrakerIR

Lee, David simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:52:39 -0400

Regarding the TrackIR infrared tracking device, I personally think it is a "must have". Concerns about having to hold your head steady are unfounded. You can adjust the sensitivity if you find it's too difficult to sit still (I use a value of 9 on both axes but it depends on how far you sit from the sensor also). It's great if FS2K2 for the new models that have good virtual cockpits. It's fantastic in IL2 for situational awareness. It doesn't seem to work in Falcon4, which is why I haven't used that sim since (unfortunately). It doesn't work with CFS2 (one would think the FS2K2 would apply to CFS2 but it doesn't!). I certainly hope it works with CFS3.
David