[simpits-tech] High speed steel drill

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:29:01 -0400

I would not worry about it for a drill press unless you are making parts for
space craft.

For steel run it at a medium low speed, add a little cutting fluid or
tapping fluid.

Drill a pilot hole first, then run the larger drill in.

Pump the drill in and out slightly to break up the chips.  Let the tool cut,
don't add excessive force.

Marv