[simpits-tech] cockpit lighting

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 11:47:04 -0400

No.  I lost the link.

Prices on white LEDs are coming down into the mid and low $2 range.  You can
get 5 volt flea bulbs with leads for about $.25 each (1/10th the cost of
LED).

Power them in parallel so one failure doesn't kill the whole panel.

The flea bulbs were used as the original back light for avionic panels.  The
heat is minimum due to a very low wattage.  However, they don't have the
life span of LED  You also need an efficient panel design.

Marv