[simpits-tech] Droooooooooooooooooooooooool !

Chris Woodul simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:09:21 -0500

bakelite is an early primative plastic like stuff...old stick grips were
made out of it ( along with other parts)
it gets very brittle and sometimes even turns into a blueish dust (???)
I collect mostly modern stuff so I seem to be imune to the phenomenia but I
do know the smell of it.

All cockpits of military jets have this strange smell that you
describe...Here is my list of the contributors to the smell of a fighter jet
( or helicopter)

Paint
Rubber
Wiring
Grease
Kerosene
Sweat
Feces ( trace amounts)
Potting compound
Sealant

anyone got any other ingredients to this special soup?

Chris W