[simpits-tech] cockpit lighting

joab ryan simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:30:29 -0700 (PDT)

I havent tried optic but the ultra bright white LEDs
work great, there is no heat and power consumsion is
minimal. Just drill a hole in the back of the panel
and glue it in. They work great. And if you want day
and night back lighting get the two color LEDs reverse
the dc volts and change the color.

--- dphens <dphens@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Anyone played around with using fiber optic lighting
> for panel lighting or
> other cockpit lighting needs? I am thinking of
> trying it mainly for panel
> backlighting. I like the idea of having the light
> without all the heat that
> other lighting options may cause. Just a thought at
> this point and I wanted
> to see if somebody else had been down this road
> already.
>
> Thanks! - Dave

=====
Joab Ryan