[simpits-tech] MM5451 LED Driver

Michi Hirczy simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:08:46 +0100

Steve Wilson wrote:
> Okay, I found the original flight data include file, and the gear position
> is definitely a float (decimal) value, not an integer.  So it would be interesting
> to play with this one way or another.  Also, an extract from a post earlier
> this month, part of flightdata.h for SuperPak 3:
>
>  NoseGearPos As Single     'Nose Gear
>  LeftGearPos As Single     'Left Gear
>  RightGearPos As Single    'Right Gear

that's right, but there are no lightbits for the gearlights, AND the
gearhandle lightbit only updates, when the gearhandle is in view in the
cockpit (no good for HUD-only view).
what I'm doing is:
check the value Nose/Left/RightGearPos: if it's (i guess) 1.43xxx, turn
gear light on, any other value, turn light off.
check the value "gearPos": if it's between 0 and 1, turn gearhandle
light on.
if it's 0 OR 1 AND one of the *GearPos Values is between 0 and 1.43xx
keep gearhandle light on (gear failure).

I'm actually at the office and not exactly sure, if these are the
correct values, but it should work like explained.

greetings
michi
www.f16simulator.net