[simpits-tech] Sea Hawk

Darren Beaumont simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:44:12 -0000

Roy,

No-one said it would be easy.........;)

Any aircraft can be restored/re-built, it comes down to how much money and
time you can afford to put in.

Have you tried posting on the forums over at the ICC?  That'll be the place
to start.

Parts, especially instruments etc, for military aircraft from the 50's and
early 60's are quite common in the UK as most aircraft shared the same
instrumentation - made life a lot easier, its the later stuff thats near
impossible to find, ie 70s onwards.  I can find parts for a Spitfire,
Canberra, Hunter or even Lancaster quite easily, but try getting parts for a
Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer etc.

You might want to try the following folks..........

http://www.airsam.clara.net/

http://www.caseltd.com/

There was also some supplier contacts on the ICC website.

Of course without the APs you are basically stuffed, but I believe the RAF
Museum at Hendon or the Fleet Air Arm museum at Yeovilton should be able to
assist.

But in saying that, if you want it so badly, then perservere, you'll never
what you might come across.

Darren