[simpits-tech] F-16 Cougar Force Transducer Base - Need Your Feed back!

Sukit, Sittisudjatum simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:33:53 -0500

Yeah, give me 10 degrees.  I've ever flown Falcon 4.0 for 3 hours, plus some
dogfights... I'm still remember how hurt my wrist was from pulling and
pushing the F-22 stick.  Now we're going to apply more pressure on the
stick...

Sukit Sittisudjatum
www.thaiflight.com
Bangkok, Thailand

All,

I am trying to get a poll from potential buyers of the new base I created.

Here is my question to all of you:

The real F-16 stick base has the force transducer inside the base rotated 10
degrees clockwise.  The reason appears to be for pilot ergonomics.

See attached file for a top down view of the rotation.

You can see this in the real thing by looking at the top chrome ring where
the 8 socket head screws are attached to the top neck.  They are "twisted"
10 degrees clockwise.

What this means is that the real stick must be pulled back approximately to
the 6:30 position to bring the nose up level, not strait back.

In your opinion, should I recreate that same 10 degree offset, just like the
real thing or should I straighten the transducer out so it has no twist?

Thanks for your response,

Marv