[simpits-tech] Attn Gene, suspect hacking on simpits site

Jean-Yves SURFIN' Jouanny simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:21:12 +0100

De : simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
Envoyé : mardi 29 octobre 2002 23:11
À : simpits-tech@simpits.org
Objet : RE: [simpits-tech] Attn Gene, suspect hacking on simpits site

From: ch.huyben [ch.huyben@home.nl]

-----Original Message-----
From:	simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]
On Behalf Of Rochester, Craig
Sent:	Tuesday, October 29, 2002 8:32 AM
To:	'simpits-tech@simpits.org'
Subject:	RE: [simpits-tech] Attn Gene, suspect hacking on simpits
site

I've been receiving viruses like the YAHA.E recently.  I have never had
viruses before I joined the simpits-tech list.  This may be just a
coincidence, but worth noting.  I use "Norton Anti-Virus".  I haven't
spent
the time to become fluent enough with with NAV to identify the source
emails
for the viruses, or take any action beyond deleting  them as they come
in.
NAV says all my emails are scanned prior to mailing.

Is this superficial use of NAV for virus detection and cleaning
sufficient
to protect this list?  Anybody?

Thanks,

Craig