[simpits-tech] Attn Gene, suspect hacking on simpits site

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:59:30 -0800 (PST)

> deleted it too fast to associate the owner with the mischief. most of the
> time they don't even know they're infected.
>
> since your'e unix-based, it's probably a different problem altogether.
>
> still, thanks for your good detective work.

There's also been a rash of virus emails that *look* like they're sent by
me via mx2.deltasoft.com, a hostname that doesn't exist.

If *anyone* gets an email from me that has an attachment that you didn't
explicitly ask for or expect, it's _not_ from me.  Most of the time I'll
post a link to an image or file.

g.