[simpits-tech] Beware unscrupulous dealers

Rod Dale simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:10:27 -0700

> Guys, can you please take this to private mail?
>
> g.
Gene,
Although I don't agree with the way this complaint was worded I do think we
should use this forum to warn of possible rip-off merchants that we may be
unlucky enough to come across in our hobby.
I'm sorry to say that it appears I may have been ripped-off by someone you
and others have dealt with. I paid a lot of money up front for equipment
that I ordered 3 months ago. Apparently there was a Customs problem about 2
months ago and a solution was being worked on but since then my requests for
an update have gone completely unanswered. I deliberately held off
contacting this dealer for many weeks so as not to be a nuisance but still
no reply.
I can only assume that this person no longer wishes to deal with me but is
prepared to keep my money.
The persons name is being withheld in case I am completely wrong - and I
hope I am.
Rod