[simpits-tech] Hello

Mike Williams simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:58:40 -0500

Huh!, You are one connected dude, was that your F-111 posted to the files
section?
Awsome pit, where are you located Chris?

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]On Behalf Of Chris Woodul
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 7:54 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Hello

Ok heres my bio,

sand box cockpits and card board boxes ....early childhood in the seventies
( I am 34)
 First started collecting airplane parts especially cockpit stuff in 1982.
First Ejection seat Martin Baker MK-F5 from F-8 Crusader ( given to me by
uncle) 1983
First Cockpit-- USAF F-86L Flight Simulator ( 2000lbs!) 1986 ( also given to
me by uncle...I had a cool uncle)
Second Cockpit- Vought T-46 Cockpit Mock Up - 1988 given to me by Vought.
Third Cockpit - TA-7C cockpit also bought from surplus house 1990
Fourth Cockpit A-7D got from guard unit 1991
Fifth Cockpit F-4E Cockpit Section  in 1993
Sixth Cockpit F-111D from 1995
Seventh Cockpit F-111E Cockpit procedures trainer 1996
Eigth Cockpit F-111F Cockpit 1996
Ninth Cockpit EF-111A Cockpit Trainer 1997

Cockpit number 10 is going to be an F-16C Block 40 cockpit section ( I am
biased toward Lantrin HUD equiped Vipers) This cockpit is still in
negotiation

Cockpit Number 11 will be an A-12 AVENGER II cockpit section Mock Up, also
in works but has not come to fruitioin yet.

Most of the other cockpits are traded off, or are other wise long gone. I
did keep the best of the best though.

I have somewhere close to 30 seats right now, but I have had over 60 pass
thru me over the years. of the ones I kept, they are the most exotic ones. I
have a large backlog of seats left to bring up to display standards.

Thats my history..........

Chris Woodul