[simpits-tech] wounded seal

simpits-tech@simpits.org simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:30:41 -0500

Sean Galbraith wrote:

> I'm not sure if a Buell is a bike or a work of art...

Who says they can't be both? ;) It's being discovered, however, that the
XB9s aren't the bikes that the tube framed, Sportster engined machines
are. Less horsepower, less torque, but a marginally better frame layout.
Can't beat the price, though. My S2 was $10k with 900 miles on it when
my dad bought it in 96 (~$13k originally). The XB9s are $10k on the
sticker with parts that aren't quite as "cool" as the S2s (plastic
bodywork, Showa suspension, etc.)

> speaking of which
> ever seen a Britten V1000 close up?  We have one on display in the national
> museum, and you can actually touch it.... now there is a bike ladies and
> gents ;-)

Nope, and I've only seen a few pics. I'll have to find a website tonight
when I have some time.

> Sean <who wants the $300,000NZ to buy a Britten>

Well, that's still less than a Lamborgini Diablo ;)
--
Steve
mysticz28@swbell.net