[simpits-tech] Projector

Stig Joergensen simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:09:21 +0200

Rob,

> I need to develop some way of measuring
> the amount of
> light loss from one side of the material to the other in
> lumens or candles
> or some other standard other than a Mark I optical
> comparator. I am willing
> to accept any suggestions, well maybe not any but helpful
> ones at any rate.

And idea how to measure light drops in a somewhat standard way...

take an SLR camera, now focus on the image you will now see the "open"
time for the lens eg. 1/3000 is directly sunlight where as 1"30 (1
minute and 30 sec) is night with only a little of moonlight - these
"shutter times" can now be an indication of lights need to take a
picture - slower than 1/60 and you will not be able to hold the camera
still long enough to take a crisp picture.....

well just an idea anyway

/Stig