Re[3]: [simpits-tech] converting instruments

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 07:33:29 -0700 (PDT)

> I thought that converting original instruments _means_
> preparing (constructing?) additional hardware to drive them directly.
>
> It's obvious that I still have to become familiar with the
> phraseology you are using on this list.

Some people go the direct (and _most_ expensive) route by building the
hardware necessary to drive real aircraft instruments.  This involves
(typically) digital to synchro converters and 400Hz AC power supplies.

The other two methods involve rebuilding an instrument to be servo or
stepper driven or to create it from scratch, using the original as a
model.

BTW, > I saw couple of "introductions" here. Since I'm a relative
> newcomer to this list as well, is it common to post introduce
> message? Should I introduce myself also?

Of course!  We're one big (mentally unbalanced) family here! :)

g.