[simpits-tech] to MATT

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:39:38 -0500

Yeah I noticed those lenses are quite cheap! I thought about getting one
but they are rather small (maybe ok for a projector) and only 3x. I'm
not an expert in homemade projectors but I've heard they tend to be a
bit fuzzy and not very bright, so I would want the largest and most
powerful lens practical.

Let us know what you hear from the folks at 3dlens.com. If this is
indeed where the ebay people are getting their lenses, it seems as
though the 3dlens people would be selling the larger lenses at not much
more than what they are selling the smaller lenses for, since the one on
ebay is so cheap.

Btw, rcsimulations.com has a fresnel lens with simming in mind, it's 25"
but it's a bit pricey (not sure exactly how English and US currency
converts but I think they are not vey far apart, right?) it's here
http://rcsimulations.com/fresnel.htm has anyone tried this lens? It's
intended for placing in front of the monitor and viewing the monitor as
usual, I wonder how well it would work for projection?

I've been looking at the south wall of my room thinking how it would
look to have X-Plane displayed at that size... :)

	-Matt Bailey