[simpits-tech] Home made HUD?

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 07:11:39 +1300

>The trick with an on-screen HUD is getting the display resized and in the
>right position so that your combining class frame properly brackets the
>image.

For now I'm using a projected HUD, but clarity is a bit of an issue
:(  Getting in the right place was a piece of cake in M$ FS2002, I just
used freeware "cfgedit" to build a transparent panel with the HUD graphics
on it.  Measured the screen and position for the HUD and got it first crack.
I'm using a really cool FS2002 F-16 HUD, which comes with 4 or 5 different
color tints, and is reasonably accurate (not quite right for the A-4 but I
can live with that for now)

I intend building a working HUD, mostly for the gee-whizz factor, just not
yet :)

Sean.