[simpits-tech] converting instruments

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 07:12:09 +1300

--=====================_36226021==_.ALT

At 06:07 PM 10/21/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi guys,
>My name is Tim Soetaert from Belgium (callsign "Fouga"). I am in the
>research stage of building my own Fouga cockpit sim. Since all of the
>instruments are old gauges from the 1950's, i'm looking for info or
>articles about converting normal instruments into computer driven ones. I
>would like to start with the altitude Gauge. it has readings for 10.000,
>1000 and 100's feet. the inside has some kind of barometric element.
>Anyone know how to convert it? Can i use an USB connection? do i use some
>kind of electric motor?
>please help,
>Fouga
><http://www.fougamagister.be>www.fougamagister.be

Welcome to the funny farm Fouga!

 From another flightgear nut!

Sean aka "Ghost"  ;-)
--=====================_36226021==_.ALT

At 06:07 PM 10/21/02 +0200, you wrote:<br>
guys,</font><br>
&quot;Fouga&quot;). I am in the research stage of building my own Fouga
cockpit sim. Since all of the instruments are old gauges from the 1950's,
i'm looking for info or articles about converting normal instruments into
computer driven ones. I would like to start with the altitude Gauge. it
has readings for 10.000, 1000 and 100's feet. the inside has some kind of
barometric element. Anyone know how to convert it? Can i use an USB
connection? do i use some kind of electric motor?</font><br>
Welcome to the funny farm Fouga!<br><br>
 From another flightgear nut!<br><br>
Sean aka &quot;Ghost&quot;&nbsp; ;-)</html>