Re[2]: [simpits-tech] converting instruments

Gordan Sikic simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:43:42 +0200

Hi,

Monday, October 21, 2002, 19:05:36, you wrote:
Hi,

>> You may find it easier to scratch build a look-alike instead of modifying
>> the original.  However, since I've not done this (yet), I'm not 100% of
>> the best way to go about it.

RC> Having examined several instruments now, I think gene is right. It is
RC> probably far easier to make a 'look-alike' than to try and re-engineer
RC> real components.

(I stand to be corrected.)

AFAIK he IS right. (I don't know about fouga, but) I'm quite sure
that you'll need 24V DC, and probably 110V AC, with possible
changing frequency in the range of 400-700Hz just to drive
instruments.

Added to that, You'll need characteristic of every single electrically
driven instruments (I mean connection between current supplied
and the actual reading of the instrument...) meaning
construction of particular electronic board for all those
instruments...

I'd go for the phigets also.

--
Best regards,